Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started

UAE coronavirus infections reach 98 as 12 more cases are reported

Number of ‘symptom-free’ patients now 26

DUBAI: The number of COVID-19 cases in the UAE has further climbed to 98 with the addition of 12 new infections, the Emirates News Agency (ENA) reported on Sunday, March 15. At the same time, the government media outfit also reported three more recoveries, which brought the total to 26.

The day before, there were 86 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 23 patients who have recuperated, according to ENA.

In an advisory, ENA said the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced the diagnosis of the 12 new cases, saying in a statement that the individuals were tested upon arrival in the country.

“It is reported that these individuals came into contact with people who had tested positive for the virus and are all now quarantined,” ENA said.

The 12 individuals include a South African, an Australian, a Chinese, a Filipino, a Lebanese, a British, an Italian, an Iranian, an Emirati and three Indian nationals, according to ENA.

MoHAP said the cases were being monitored, and that the individuals were stable, receiving all necessary treatment.

MoHAP assured that medical facilities are equipped with all necessary requirements and supplies to provide adequate care for COVID-19 patients, including airborne infection isolation rooms and measures that meet standards set by the World Health Organization (WHO).

The agency advised members of the general public to follow preventive health measures and review the awareness information available on its website and official channels.

Meantime, MoHAP  also announced the full recovery of three additional individuals from the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, bringing the total number of recovered cases in the country to 26.

The ministry said in a statement that the new batch – two Bangladeshis and an Indian national – were now “symptom-free” after receiving the necessary healthcare.

On March 12 last week, MoHAP  announced 11 new coronavirus cases, which pushed the total to 85 from 74 just two days earlier. Another case was confirmed on Saturday, March 14, according to ENA

According to a statement released by the MoHAP, two Filipinos were among the new cases, the rest being two Italians, a Montenegrin, a Canadian, a German, a Pakistani, an Emirati, a Russian and a British.

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: